Side Street

Being back in the New Prague area for work the last couple of weeks has been such a blast from the past. I miss the people of NP, my first grade team at Falcon Ridge Elementary School, Etlin's Cafe, New Prague Trojan sporting events, small town festivals, driving down main street, eating at Lau's Bakery, Montgomery volleyball and bar scene, Home Plate in Le Seur, dancing at Whiskey Business, there are so many things that I miss about that town.  It baffles me to see how my life is shaping itself outside of my envisioned life years ago. After college I had "it all," as I was living in a small town, teaching 1st grade, and thriving. Had my community, my school, my career, made big boy purchases (first new car, etc.), and I was solidified. That was going to be my life and I was ready for the adventure. My roots were beginning to settle in. I love everything about the town, its people, the culture, the feel, and I could see myself growing old there. However, after having been let go of my teaching job I found myself facing some heartbreak. As my envisioned future and "dream life" was shattered I looked to distract myself with discovery. Since then I have spent my efforts, funds,  and energies on feeding a travel bug that was dormant for some time. I traveled a great deal as a kid but had been out of practice for awhile. However, life after teaching has brought me to Europe, Michigan living, a 3-month road trip, working in a handful of other states, and more! This winter I am going to New Mexico for a week, Nashville for a handful of days, Atlanta for 2 weeks, Texas for a month, Virginia for two weeks, and should I find a job in the area... Austin, TX in the foreseeable future. It is truly crazy to think about how momentous that moment was in life. Being in NP again for work has me wondering if I am on the right path, if I truly miss my old life. If I am happier where I am now, and I have to say that I do not think that I am any happier than before... but I have grown so much, seen so much, tackled so much, and lived so much more! I miss teaching but I do not know if all of this would have been possible or obtained if I would have stayed in NP. My genuine thought is that I am going to have lived and experienced quite a bit by the time I am 30, at which point I will be ready to settle down.

I AM DESTINED TO DO SOMETHING GREAT, I HAVE YET TO FIND OUT WHAT! I live a life of infinite possibilities, and I am excited for the opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crossfit Movement

Pain For Purpose

The Tides of Change